The 7-Year Liberal Arts/Medical Education (SMED) program at Boston University is a combined medical program where students spend the first three years at Boston University’s College of Arts and Sciences then four years at Boston University School of Medicine.
Boston University SMED Facts:
- Students must complete all requirements of the College of Arts & Sciences and the Seven-Year Liberal Arts/Medical Education Program by the end of the spring semester of the third year to be eligible for promotion to the School of Medicine.
- Minimum 3.20 GPA during the program for promotion to the medical school.
- MCAT requirement (achieve 80th percentile) for promotion to the medical school.
- Open to international and H-4 visa students/applicants.
- Overall acceptance rate: 4%
High school juniors and parents of high school juniors should read this blog: High School Juniors: Time To Get Serious About BS/MD Plans.
Dr. Paul Reginald Lowe is the managing director of Pinnacle Educational Center Admissions Advisors Group network. He and his team of admissions advisors, through the admissions affiliate, BS/MD Admissions Advisors, help high school students get accepted to BS/MD programs.