The University of Rochester: Rochester Early Medical Scholars program is an eight-year bachelor’s of arts or bachelor’s of science and MD program from the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry. Students enrolled in the program enter the University of Rochester with an assurance of admission to the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry when they successfully complete their undergraduate degree programs, including GPA and premed requirements. Students admitted to the program are not required to provide MCAT scores. REM is highly competitive and therefore has an acceptance rate of 0.8% for 10 spots!
In essence, REM conditionally guarantees your admissions to medical school to be a doctor! Our clients who were accepted in REM feel relieved and happy because of this guarantee!
What are REM looking for in applicants?
- Earned 3.95 GPA (unweighted).
- Take challenging classes (honors, AP, IB, college-level classes, etc.)
- Take an exceptionally rigorous high school math and science curriculum, including Calculus, Biology, and Chemistry
- Have medical experience (e.g., shadowing Physicians, volunteering at a hospital, working for an ambulance corps/EMT program, participating in premedical summer programs, conducting research)
- Involved in non-medical activities (e.g., leadership, service in your community, music, athletics, etc.)
- Based on our experience and knowledge, pulling everything together to have: Strong Common Applications, convincing and meaningful essays and super interviews!
High school juniors and parents of high school juniors should read this blog: High School Juniors: Time To Get Serious About BS/MD Plans
Dr. Paul Reginald Lowe is the managing director of Pinnacle Educational Center Admissions Advisors Group network. He and his team of admissions advisors, through the admissions affiliate, BS/MD Admissions Advisors, help high school students get accepted to BS/MD programs.
Our BS/MD Admissions practice is specialized: Dr. Lowe and his team only work with parents who understand that the BS/MD admissions process is competitive, who desire help from an admissions expert and who see the value and investment in paying for expert advice through a detailed and ongoing comprehensive admissions advisory service for their child’s dream of becoming a doctor. He also specializes in helping international students in the BS/MD process. Parents who choose to use our services want to call their son or daughter – “Doctor” when they are seniors in high school.