Medicine is the Highest Paying Job
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics the jobs with the highest pay in the United States are all in medicine. That’s right! Being medical doctor is the highest paying profession. In fact, you’ll see quite a few physician specialists among the top 20 highest-paying occupations identified by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the jobs (medical doctor) that receive median incomes equal to or greater than $208,000 per year on average. Additionally, these medical specialties have the highest job security!
Here is a list of the medical specialties in alphabetical order (with salary according to Salary.com) Based on HR-reported data: a national average with a geographic differential.
- Anesthesiologists: $309,679 – $522,121
- Cardiologists (non-invasive): $266,793 – $586,410
- Cardiologist (invasive): $322,820 – $725,139
- Dermatologists: $270,675 – $488,466
- Emergency medicine physicians: $244,572 – $434,088
- Family medicine physicians: $170,192 – $282,507
- General internal medicine physicians: $190,515 – $296,181
- Gastroenterologist: $284,869 – $545,836
- Neurologists: $208,499 – $365,919
- Obstetricians/gynecologists: $288,792 – $425,282
- Ophthalmologists, except pediatric: $219,000 – $402,000
- Orthopedic Surgeon: $308,600 – $814,449
- Pathologists: $211,842 – $404,496
- Psychiatrists: $211,926 – $324,316
- Radiologists: $322,875 – $576,457
- Surgeons: $297,072 – $571,660
- Urologists: $310,544 – $534,123
Most doctors work for 32-34 years. Therefore, assuming that he or she retires at the age of 65, the average length of a physician’s career, the lifetime salary (assuming that they will earn on average $300,000 per year) and they work for an average 32 years is $9,600,000.
The fact that Dr. Lowe and his team helps his clients get on this career track while in high school through BS/MD admissions Advisors is one of the reasons why he has been in practice for 27 years.
For H-4 and international high school students (F-1) this means that they will be a U.S. medical doctors – an immigration benefit, in addition to the job security.
“As an admissions expert, I am always cognizant of the unforeseen circumstances and unfavorable consequences that may adversely affect my clients’ positive outcomes. Because of our vigilance and comprehensive strategies, my clients are ACCEPTED into BS/MD programs as well as Ivy League and competitive colleges and universities with superior pre-med programs.” – Dr. Paul Lowe
Dr. Paul Reginald Lowe is the managing director of Pinnacle Educational Center Admissions Advisors Group network. He and his team of admissions advisors, through the admissions affiliate, BS/MD Admissions Advisors, help high school students get accepted to BS/MD programs. As a result of his continuous clients’ acceptances into BS/MD programs, his clients have considered him: BS/MD Admissions Guru.
Our BS/MD Admissions practice is specialized: Dr. Lowe and his team ONLY work with parents who understand that the BS/MD admissions process is highly competitive and thus desire help from an admissions expert. They appreciate the value and investment in paying for expert advice consisting of a detailed and ongoing comprehensive admissions advisory service for their child’s dream of becoming a doctor. He also specializes in helping international students in the BS/MD process. Parents who chose to use our services want to call their son or daughter – “Doctor” when they are seniors in high school.